“Uganda’s high unemployment is a security risk to Uganda and we need to skill our graduates to employ themselves.” Gen Katumba Wamala said at a recently held youth exhibition.
The Chief of Defense Forces advised youth on how to make it in life;
- Get practical skills regardless of your degree.
- Join clubs and associations like rotary clubs to network with several people.
- Improve your confidence. People will be moved more by your confidence than the details of what you say.
- Be aggressive in your approach to business and employment.
- Make use of the opportunities around you, and be organized enough to access different funds .
- Produce quality products or else they will not compete.
The CDF discouraged youth from calling on “senior citizens” to retire, “These are your fathers and mothers, would you ask your mother to leave her job at 50?”
The annual youth exhibition held in Seeta Kiwanga at the Federation of Uganda Employers on 19.11.16 brought together a number of youth displaying their company products and services.
The team leader of Skills for Development Kenneth Wabuteya says SFD located in Kinawata trains in vocational and soft skills.
Online Media for Youth