Having won the rights to host the Fifa world cup 2022, Qatar is set to make the popular tournament one to remember; the host has outlined a complex plan to renovate there stadiums and construct nine brand new across the seven host cities.
The World Cup is usually held in June- July and in those months, temperatures in Qatar can get to 50 °C. This is not a problem to Qatar as they plan to use the power of the sun’s rays to provide a cool environment for players and fans by converting solar energy into electricity that will then be used to cool both fans and players at the stadia.
The stadiums listed here have striking, extra ordinary and artistic features with state of the art technology.
1) The Doha Port Stadium pictured with art impression of a marine animal to outline its location as being surrounded with water.
2) Lusail Iconic stadium also surrounded with water and will host the opening game and final.
3) Al- wahral stadium complex
4) The sports city stadium
5) The Al- Rayyan Stadium designed to include the media facade that includes a membrane that acts as a screen for projection,news,commercials,sports updates and current tournament information and matches.
6) The education city stadium
7) Al – Gharafa stadim designed with facade will be made of columns of the flags of all countries that have qualified for the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP to symbolize football friendship, respect and understanding.
8) Al – Shamal Stadium its shape designed from the traditional “dhow” the local fishing boats of the Arabian Gulf.